Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My First Post

Hello everyone. This is Jeffrey, and this will be my first posting.

I just felt the need to describe to you all how my first year of medical school will be:
44.5 credit hours of school work
790 contact hours of school
37 weeks of school
over 2,000,000 (that's 2 million) minutes of lecture and lab instruction

This is definitely not ACU anymore.

From what I've heard from my peer advisers and the Burges, the work in and of itself is not that much harder than undergrad work. The difference is the pace at which the material is presented. So in other words, if I spent a semester learning stuff at ACU, I will probably learn all that (and much more) in 4 weeks in medical school, have a test, and then start all over for another 4-6 week session.

I think I'm gonna love it though.

More to come, I'm sure.

P.S. Sorry if my grammar and sentence structure were incorrect...I don't have Lauren or Mama Jenny here to correct me!

1 comment:

  1. You're not in Kansas anymore - Toto! But what an adventure I'm sure is to come. Love and blessings to you!
    love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete