Monday, July 28, 2008

The First Day of School (For the 18th time)

Good evening all-

Today was my 18th "first day of school," but this time was different than all those other ones. For the first time ever, I had to actually do homework after my first day of classes. And not just a little homework, but more homework than any of the men of Sub-T 16 have ever done (combined).

So it is with great sadness that I must bid farewell to my former life: that of ESPN, cold leftover pizza, college roommates, intramural football games with 600+ in attendance, Sing Song, Welcome Week and Passport, midnight food runs to Whataburger, and all-night (on a school night) movie-watching parties.

From now on, I'm on the straight and narrow: class, homework, dinner, homework, bathroom break, homework, cup(s) of coffee, homework, another bathroom break (from the coffee), homework, kiss from lauren, homework, answer Tommy's 15th text, homework, and finally bedtime (with dreams of homework). I don't know how so many med students before me have managed to do all this and remain sane, but I will try my best to follow suit. If George Clooney and Anthony Edwards can do it, then surely so can I.

In other news, Lauren is in the other room finishing her 45-minute homework assignment...that she started 2 hours ago. I bet she's enjoying that...

Well, I'd better get back to ESPN...I mean, homework.

--Jeffrey

1 comment:

  1. Jeffrey and Lauren - God bless y'all with a great school year. You will do great, although very overwhelmed at times I am sure. Remember to take a bit of your time to be in scripture, with Jesus all things are possible :)

    ReplyDelete