Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lessons Learned

Confession: I have had a bit of a difficult time switching churches. It's not so much that I have particularly missed the sermons or classes from my church in Abilene, but I have sorely missed the friendships and familiar atmosphere there. I miss little Marlee and Lily Goode coming to sit on our pew (mostly because my mom left little trails of goldfish crackers on the floor to lure them over), and I miss getting a big hug from Sug Springer (that's the only way that she knows how to say "hello!"), and I miss watching all my favorite "church babies" grow up from week to week.

It's hard moving spiritual homes, but luckily for us we have found a great church here in San Antonio. We have been attending Oak Hills every Sunday since we moved and have felt a true renewal of our spiritual focus. Oak Hills just hired a new pulpit minister, Randy Frazee, and he has preached his little heart out every week since he started. Both Jeffrey and I were quite moved by his sermon a few weeks ago that talked about loving everyone...no matter how hard.

Last week was special, though. Last week Randy gave a great lesson on gentleness and how to carefully correct each other with love. Jeffrey and I talked all the way home in the car about what a good sermon that was, and then promptly got into a fight about the electric bill where both of us raised our voices at each other. Sorry, Randy.

Yes, it has been said that couples fight most often about money. Unfortunately, Jeffrey and I don't really have any, but in an effort to prove the saying true, we just fight about our imaginary money (that money which we will presumably have someday when we get out of school...and get out of debt). Yes, readers, I know this is stupid, but love is foolish--and so are we.

On the up side, we have both been studying all weekend and may be considered anatomical experts. If any of you out there are having a difficult time locating your cephalic vein, pectinate muscles, or cranial nerves--give us a call. We'll help you out. Just a little public service from us to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment