Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well, it's about that time...

...for me to write another entry on our blog.

I don't usually write a lot on here for three reasons:

1.) I usually don't have anything exciting happen in my life that's worth writing about. I mean, really, who cares about my dorky science classes?

2.) I would rather spend my daily 15 minutes of free time watching ESPN or Family Guy

3.) Lauren's a lot better at this than I am.

But since this is technically "our" blog, I guess I should at least try to post something once a week. For this week's entry, I have decided to post some of my thoughts and feelings about life from the past week, so here goes...

Live from Beijing
Michael Phelps is incredible. He is one year older than me - ONE! He is so much fun to watch, because even though you know he's going to win, you don't know by how much he's going to win. And even though my body looks very similar to his, he is still a much better swimmer than me, which is why he's in China winning gold medals and setting world records and I'm at home writing on a blog about him. (At least my teeth are better.)

Medical School Update
My first round of tests starts two weeks from Friday, so I'm starting to gear up for those. I am now a proud member of the Texas Medical Association and a soon-to-be member of the American Medical Association (Medical Students' Section). We dissected and removed our cadaver's brain on Monday, which is more proof to me that God is alive and well. I don't know how he created this mass of cells in which we live, but the human body is incredible. If you want to know exactly how incredible it is, call me and I'll tell you. Anyway, the brain was really cool (as were the saws that we used to cut open the skull), but now we have to be able to pick out all the major cranial nerves and branches from where they exit the brain and the different holes through which they pass in the skull. Looks like a long weekend in the lab.

From the Weather Channel
It is HOT outside. I would say, "Thank goodness, August is here, fall is coming, cooler weather can't be far off!" But, we live in Texas. And now we live in the Southern part of Texas, meaning it will be hot and humid until January. The temperature spiked above 100 yesterday, but hopefully the rain will actually come through this weekend and cool things down.

If Only I Were a Doctor Already
Last Wednesday I came down with a bad cold - sore throat, runny nose, nausea, etc. I am still trying to get all of the congestion out of my system, but since we're so poor right now, I refused to go to the clinic, because I knew they would just tell me to buy antibiotics. Even though the cough drops and orange juice has helped, I am still coughing and sneezing quite a bit. Thankfully, Lauren hasn't gotten sick yet, so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

OK, my 15 minutes are up...time to get back to studying. Or maybe I'll make dinner. I don't know, but I do know one thing: those Chinese gymnasts were definitely NOT 16!

Until next week...

Good night, and good luck.

--Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment