Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Almost Here.

If you are a true movie-lover, or if you have a grand sense of history, or if you like the ultimate in manliness and action, or if you simply like thrilling entertainment, then you need to go to this site RIGHT NOW!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809961074/video/9655524

It will change your life. You heard it here first.

Otherwise, I am currently recuperating from my test week last week. All tests were passed with satisfactory marks, so I'm happy. However, I'm slightly un-happy because hurricane Ike is supposed to blow through San Antonio this weekend, bringing lots of rain and possible flooding. They said that it rained so much last year after a hurricane that the medical school lecture halls were flooded - yikes!

Also this week I came to the realization that it's one thing to locate and palpate structures on a dead body, and yet quite another to locate and palpate structures on a living human being. You can't hurt dead people, but you sure can hurt living people. While searching for some lymph nodes today in class, I accidentally pushed in too far and set off a choking/coughing spasm...and everyone turned around and looked at me...and of course, I turned bright red. At least I looked cool while doing it...oh wait, I looked like a total fool.

But it's ok - I'm going to practice finding Lauren's cervical (neck) lymph nodes this weekend. If she calls anyone coughing, crying, or screaming, I promise that I didn't hurt her on purpose. I'm just a doctor in training.

Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey D. Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment