Monday, September 1, 2008

Blessed Assurance

As I prepare to enjoy my day off from school on Labor Day, I keep coming back to a song we sang yesterday in church. It is a simple song, and certainly one that I have been singing since I was a 2-year-old standing on my daddy's knees in church. But it is so powerful, so reassuring, and so comforting - especially in times of uncertainty (Hurricane Gustav) or unfamiliarity (new town, new school, new friends), as well as any other situation one might encounter in life.

Read the words. Let your mind examine them, but let your heart embrace them.

Enjoy.


Blessed Assurance
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of his spirit, washed in his blood.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echos of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with his goodness, love in his love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.


Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey D. Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment