Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lectures and Quizzes and Tests, Oh My!

It is finished.

(Gross Anatomy Test 1, that is.)

Today we spent four grueling hours taking our first anatomy practical and test. Wow. That was fun. Luckily, there were only a few questions that I read and thought to myself: "Yup. I remember that word from the notes....but I don't remember anything else besides the word. No definition. No other words that were with it. Hmm. Probably should have studied it a little more."

The most fun of the whole day for me was when I walked over to our testing room 30 minutes early for the test--thinking that I would be the first one there. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and saw basically my entire class that had arrived before me...so as not to be late. Hmm...shouldn't the universe implode or something when that many Type A personalities are in the same room together?

In other news, taunting teenagers are trying new tactics to torture teachers. (Try saying that one five times fast!) True story: Last Friday, my mom, the high school English teacher, realized after her last class that several items had been stolen out of her classroom, including a decorative plaque and the very clock off the wall. To any teens, convicts, or those just still in touch with their inner child/thief, I have a few questions for you.

#1: Why?
#2: Why a clock? I understand stealing money, but a clock?
#3: Why?

When I told some of my dental school friends about this crime spree, one of them told me that when she was in high school, some of her acquaintances would throw away one of their teacher's staplers on a weekly basis. Which leads me to wonder--was I that annoying when I was a teenager? (Mom and Dad, please don't respond on the blog if the answer is yes--the blog is not a place for airing our family's dirty laundry. But if I was that annoying--I apologize.)

By the way, have you read Jeffrey's last posting? How sweet is my husband?! I'm going to keep him...

1 comment:

  1. lauren,
    so the clock thing actually happened when i was in high school at boerne. one of my good friends stole the clock off the wall in our english teachers class and carried it around for weeks pulling it out at opportune times to... yes, check the time. Oh and the end of that story would be that he was caught when the teacher received an anonymous email, tagging him as the culprit. so there you have it, btw it was the funniest thing at the time, but I don't really get it now

    ReplyDelete