Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 Things I Think I Should Be Thinking About When I Think

1.) "Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last..."

I don't think any other 14 words could attempt to accurately describe the absolute feeling of elation that has absorbed me since 1:58 p.m. on Friday afternoon.

2.) Now, I know what you're thinking: "But Jeffrey, you need to calm down. You still have 7 LONG semesters left. Pace yourself!"

3.) And to that I say this: "True, but I just finished one semester of school, which means that I now have one less semester to finish than I did 6 months ago." Plus, maybe now I'll be able to sleep in past 7:45 am. But I won't count on it...for some reason, my bladder loves to wake me up before the sun every morning.

4.) Lauren finishes up her first semester of dental school tomorrow, and I know she can't wait. She has studied to the point of sheer exhaustion - in fact, as I type this, she is lying on her back on the couch with her legs up in the air like a dead bug. Maybe I should check to make sure she's still alive...

5.) Lauren and I each received some early Christmas presents last night from some of our good friends. I would be lying to say that we expected gifts at all, so needless to say we were/are very grateful. Thank you, dear friends (you know who you are).

6.) Sam Bradford won the Heisman. As good as he was this season, giving him the Heisman is almost as bad as giving Bob Stoops Co-Big 12 Coach of the Year honors. I mean, come on...my brother Tommy could coach/QB that team to an 11-1 record. There are much more deserving people out there.

7.) Speaking of Tommy, in his last football game this year, he racked up 2 receiving TD's and a bunch of catches. If you don't know Tommy, or if you've never seen "Tommy Romo" play flag-football, then you're missing out on a great part of life. I mean, if you want to see some Super Dorks run an 8.2 second 40-yard-dash and see some of the best cheerleaders this side of McKinney High School, just call me up...I can probably get you tickets on the 50-yard-line at midfield.

8.) We are VERY excited about going home to see our families for Christmas. Honestly, that's the best part about Christmas. It's not the presents, or the time off from school, or even the millions of candy canes. Christmas is special because of the people you get to spend it with, and it doesn't matter if you see them on December 5th or 25th. We cannot wait to recapture old memories and begin new ones this Christmas season - so Mom & Dad O., Mom and Dad E., siblings, grandparents, cousins, etc., we'll see you all soon!

9.) Now if you'll excuse me, I have studying...wait, no...I have some laying on my butt doing nothing to get to.

Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey

10.) P.S. If you're a guy out there and you read Peter King's "MMQB" on si.com or DJ Gallo's "NFL Hangover" on espn.com, then you should appreciate the title of this post.

P.P.S. We want to send our wishes, thoughts, and prayers to Mason and Casey O. - congratulations on getting married! Sorry we couldn't be there, but you can blame that on my wife - if she hadn't had a stupid Biochemistry exam tomorrow, we'da been there. And yes, I know "we'da" is not a word, but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment