Monday, December 8, 2008

Barack No-Bama

I read last night on aol.com that Barack Obama smokes cigarettes. Are you kidding me? If I had known that during the election, I would have gone on the campaign trail against him. All the McCain haters talked about how old John McCain was during the election and how great the chance was for him to die while in office. While this may be true, it is also true that Barack Obama is at a HUGE risk for heart attack during his presidency! He is at a high risk because he is in his forties, he's at high risk because he's African American, and most importantly he is at a high risk because he is a smoker.

We live in 2008. We KNOW that smoking kills you. It's not considered "cool" or "suave" or even socially accepted anymore to smoke. It causes cancer. It causes heart disease. It causes your family's immune systems to be less effective. It stinks (literally). Imagine this: President Obama goes to meet with the leader of a foreign country smelling like a chimney. He will greet this leader with his burnt breath. He will shake this leader's hand with his grey-stained fingers. This is not the representative that I want for America.

I know that it's difficult to quit smoking. I heard one time that quitting smoking is like trying to write all your sentences without dotting any of the "i's" or crossing any of the "t's". I know it would be hard for him, but he OWES it to America and his family and himself to take care of his body. How can he possibly expect to run a country when he can't even take care of himself?

Here's my idea: Obama should hire someone to be on his staff to follow him around, and every time he lights up that person can slap his hand and say, "NO-bama!"

Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment