Thursday, December 11, 2008

Short Stories

Today, while I was studying for my biochemistry final that is on Monday, I came across a word that I had never seen before, and hope to never see again. "Perhydrocyclopentanophenanthrene." Thirty-two letters worth of pure biochemistry torture. There should be laws against words that long.

The other day I went to get Taco Bell. I had been on the phone and so when I got up to order I wasn't quite ready, but the guy came over the intercom immediately. I remembered that there was a salad there that I liked, so I quickly scanned the salad menu, but I couldn't remember what it was called. I asked the guy, "What's that salad yall have that comes in a big taco shell?" He said, "The Taco Salad." I felt silly.

My friend Maegan lives in our apartment complex, but we just went over to her place for the first time last night. They have a cute little dog named Paisley who we met also. Today I got an email from Maegan:

Ok, so I have a really random question, and I need you to be COMPLETELY honest. I think we’re at that point in our relationship…


(I was thinking at this point that we were about to talk about something really serious.)

when you came to my house last night, did it smell like dog peepee?? Jordan and I are always here, so we don’t know if we are good judges. It won’t hurt my feelings, I just need to know if I should have our carpet cleaned… thanks.


Last but not least, my sister is known as the "rebel" of our family. She just has to break the rules every-once-in-a-while. I was texting with her tonight and she asked me what I got our dad for his birthday tomorrow. I told her, and then asked what she got him. She told me the actual present, but added that she felt like the best gift she had given him was the fact that she had "been 18 for like a month and hadn't gotten anything pierced or tatooed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment