Sunday, January 11, 2009

Are we there yet?

Remember when you were a kid (for me that was about 4 years ago!) and your parents took you on long car trips for family vacations and the first words out of your mouth in the car were, "Are we there yet?" And then your parents said, "No, I'll tell you when we're there." And then that scene repeated itself every 15 minutes all the way to California or Florida or Colorado or wherever.

Well, I had basically the same experience last week with a bunch of twenty-somethings except that instead of the car, we were all in a dental school lecture hall, and instead of "Are we there yet?" we were all asking, "Is it Friday yet?" and instead of parents saying "No, I'll tell you when we're there" our professors said, "Wuah--wuah, wuah-wuah-wuah wuah" just like the teachers on Charlie Brown.

At some points, we truly thought that time had stopped. It was that slow.

Unfortunately, I made a resolution this year to have a better attitude toward school, so I am pretending that last week was only slow because I wasn't used to going to school, and this week will be much better because I'll be back in the swing of things. (Maybe my next year's resolution will be not to lie to myself so much! Hehe!)

Tomorrow, though, I get the day off, so I'll be blogging a little story that I've been wanting to put on here.

Until then...is it Friday yet?

1 comment: