Tuesday, January 20, 2009

That's a 10-4, Good Buddy

Two important things have happened in my life over the last few days.

#1: I finished my first knitting project. A green scarf. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get "un-lazy" enough to get my camera out and take them. I also started a new knitting project. A sweet little powder blue pillow to go on the bed in the guest room. Perhaps it can have its picture taken as well and be admired by our many many readers (I think there are only about 7 of you, but you all count double to me).

#2: Jeffrey and I watched a disturbing number of West Wing episodes in a row on our Monday off from school. During the episodes, we kept commenting on how awesome the Secret Service people are on the show. All of them are exceptionally noble, flawlessly trained, and always prepared (just like boy scouts). I hope that the "real life" Secret Service has the same caliber of people as the "West Wing Secret Service" portrays.

Anyway, while we were watching, we decided to make up code names for each other--you know, in case of emergency where we have secret radios in our sleeves and need to covertly talk to each other. Because of important item #1, my code name is "Knitty Needles." Don't tell the Russian spies. Jeffrey first refused to play my pretend game, and then told me he needed more time to think of a really good name. It's been 36 hours--either he told me that to get me off his back about it, or he's really really bad at making up code names.

Any suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment with what your code name would be. I know you've thought about it before...

This is Knitty Needles, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment