Sunday, January 4, 2009

Presenting our Presents

This Christmas was so great! I feel like it may have had something to do with the 3 FULL WEEKS we got off from school, but also it had a lot to do with the fact that we got to spend most of the time with our families.

A big part of the fun of Christmas for my mom is picking out the perfect presents for everyone--and she's great at it, too. She has a knack for remembering little things you picked up at a store 8 months ago and said, "Ooh! That's cute!" She'll find that little knick-knack and put it in your stocking.

I think I may have picked up a little of that talent in all those years I spent at home. This year Jeffrey and I were particularly proud of a few presents that we got-- like the book that we ordered for Jeffrey's dad off of Ebay (The first in the Bourne Identity series--stopped being produced in hardback in the '80s...very hard to find).

Our families did an even better job, though. And thus, without further ado--here are "a few of our favorite things" that we got for Christmas.

First on my list: Season Passes to Sea World!!!! I love Shamu. Honestly, I know I'm too old to love Sea World, but I love it. Judge if you must.

Pearl necklace from my sweet husband--it matches the pearl earrings he got me as a wedding present. (Aww!!)

Webcams! We both got one, so Skype with us sometime!

DVD series of House, M.D. We love the show, and we love trying to diagnose the patients on the show (aka--pretend that we're doctors!).

We received so many sweet, thoughtful presents from our families, and we feel truly blessed. Thanks for the gifts, but thanks even more for the memories.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, you're never too old to love Sea World. I love it too! Me and Meg go there pretty much every Halloween and have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks! Beautiful profile picture on your blogger ID--is that you? Thanks for reading our little blog...

    ReplyDelete