Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break (I could use "smore" of that)

Ah, the first day back at school after a long Spring Break...torture!

But Spring Break was lovely. A few of the happenings:

*I went to Abilene for a few days to see my family. They were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them! Mom and I (of course) went shopping, and she bought me, among other things, the coolest kitchen soap dispenser that they sell at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's automatic! You just put your hand beneath it, and it squirts out the appropriate amount of soap for you to wash your hands. Love! On top of that, she paid for me to get a massage--so relaxing...

*Driving to Abilene, I saw a raccoon that had been run over and had rigor mortis causing his little paw to be stuck up into the air, as if he had a question.

*While in Abilene, my mom also told me that my blog post about the pregnant lady wearing a midrift top was rude. I apologize to all the bikini-wearing mommies-to-be out there.

*My dad sent Jeffrey a note and a giftcard while I was in Abilene to thank him for "sharing me." Jeffrey was so moved that he cried. (Not really. But he was grateful!)

*Driving back from Abilene I looked for the raccoon, but did not see him again.

*Friday morning and afternoon Jeffrey and I went to Sea World! I love Shamu, and I feel better about putting on a few pounds after seeing the HUGE walrus waddle around.

*Friday night I went out with some friends to celebrate Carly's birthday. We went to Amy and Corbin's house to make smores and watch a movie. While roasting the smores, we got a laugh out of the different "techniques" used. It seems that everyone roasted his/her marshmellow according to his/her personality. For example, Carly got her marshmellow, put it on the stick, jabbed it into the fire, and created a flaming mallow ball, which she blew out and ate on her smore. Carly is very laid-back. She probably would have still eaten her marshmellow even if it had been burned into a state resembling a charcoal briquette. I spent an indecent amount of time choosing a good marshmellow, then gently roasted my marshmellow to a delicate light brown color, which takes about 15 minutes. I am not laid-back. Corbin spent the entire roasting time talking about the importance of getting the proper marshmellow to chocolate ratio so that all of the chocolate melts. Corbin loves melted chocolate, and hates non-melted chocolate, but has no strong preferences for graham crackers. I'm not sure about Amy, but I'm pretty sure that she had Corbin make her one. Amy is smart--she gets her husband to do things for her.

*Saturday I got up, watched some TV, took a nap, watched some more TV, ate dinner, and went to bed. Perfect day.

*Now I'm about to study for a test that we have on Wednesday...break's over!

1 comment: