Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Final Thoughts

We had five tests in five days to end our first year of dental school. Fortunately for me, all of my grades were pretty much set in stone regardless of my score on the final exam. (For example, in one class, I needed a 108.2 to make an A (not possible), or a 64 to make a B.)

Because of this, I had a (relatively) stress-free week, especially when it came to my last final on Friday. The test on Friday was one of those classes where it was impossible to get an A, but showing up for the test and marking a few answers basically guaranteed me a B. In fact, I only had to get 5 questions right out of 30 to keep my B.

I debated over not studying at all (since I had attended all the lectures), but I decided that I would be decidedly upset if I earned a C due to being cocky, so I did study quite a bit, but not anywhere near the amount I would normally study for a typical test in that class. I didn't even finish going over the notes one whole time.

We got our grades back today...



...and I made the exact same grade that I always make. What?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment