Friday, May 1, 2009

No coffee, no workee

Last night Jeffrey and I were both cramming for tests that we had this morning. When we both are studying hard, we like to amp up our caffeine levels by taking a trip to Starbucks. The closest Starbucks to our house is on Medical Drive, only about a mile away. We drove up to the drive-thru sign where a friendly voice said, "Before you order, I need to tell you something," instead of the usual, "Welcome to Starbucks, how can I help you?"

The voice proceeded: "Our water has been shut off, so we can only make X, Y, and Z drinks. None of those drinks were what Jeffrey and I wanted. The voice suggested that we try the Starbucks on Wurzbach, only a short drive away.

We drove to Wurzbach (behind the same car that we had followed into the one on Medical) and were greeted with the usual Starbucks welcome. We ordered our drinks and proceeded to the window, where the employee said to me, "I'm sorry--we're out of the coffee used to make your drink and we can't make any more because we're about to close."

My mouth literally dropped open. Starbucks?! Out of COFFEE?! What is this world coming to?

Perhaps from the sheer surprise of seeing my horrified face upon hearing this news, the employee suggested that he use a different coffee for my drink, and offered to make it gratis. I tried to pay for Jeffrey's drink, but he gave us that one for free, too. (We love him now, despite our relationship's poor beginning.) All's well that ends well. Coffee was found. And it's a good thing that it was--at our house the rule is: No coffee, no workee.


2 comments:

  1. Jeffrey, I have tried to stay out of your business and not be a bad father-in-law, but I can't help it. My fingers are flying all over the keyboard because I HATE Twitter! I am Biter about Twitter. I want to read this blog, but that twitter section comes into view as I finish reading your coffee adventure. I was smiling and then along comes twitter that begins turning my smile upside down. I don't care when you blew your nose last, when you are having a bowel movement, or what song is playing on your radio. I like stories not trivia. Ha!

    Ya'll have a nice day!!!

    A Counter Cultural Rebel without a Cause
    Robert O

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I do know how to spell Bitter. I was so emotional disturbed my fingers were shaking! Ha

    Robert O

    ReplyDelete