Monday, May 18, 2009

Get a loan of this...

Today I got a letter from some sad little branch of our government that has the unfortunate job of dealing with the loans for dental and medical school. (Private lenders used to handle the loans, but with the recent bank fiascoes, the US government stepped in to handle the loans.) The letter stated: Lauren O Edwards, please choose one of the following payment plans for repayment of your loans as you will be leaving school as of 6/26/2009.

As most of you reading this post know (but somehow the government overlooked) I have 3 more years of school left. In no way am I leaving school on 6/26/2009. As a matter of fact, I filled out all my paperwork already for the next school year, have been enrolled in classes, and the government has actually already extended about $50,000 of loans to me.

So basically, the government has loaned me money for the upcoming school year (which implies that they think I'm still in school) while simultaneously calling due my previous loan amount (which implies that they think I'm not going to be in school anymore).

It's like the loan branch of the government has been taken over by the same people who work at the post office. (Apologies to anyone who works at the post office, but seriously--have you ever had a quick and efficient visit there...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment