Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hated Hiatus

I hate it when I take a blog hiatus. It puts so much pressure on the one that breaks the streak. When I blog every couple of days, it's just a normal blog post. Just the usual mundane craziness of life. But take a few days off, and all of the sudden I start getting nervous about the next post. Are we losing readers? Have we lost our touch? Am I being funny enough or just using this as a complaint list?

How about this: Pretend that I've been faithfully blogging over the past week. This is just another post.

There. Now I can stop sweating.

Some of you might happen to look at the time that I post this article. You will think to yourself, "Hmm...she posted it around 11:00 am. I wonder if she was blogging in class..."

The answer? A resounding yes. I am blogging in class. Wanna know why? Because this class has a real name (it's six words long--that's a really long course name), but I prefer to call it "Pointless Statistics Class." Listening in this class is similar to listening to someone list the infinite number of numbers that are in the imaginary letter pi.

Imagine someone reading out loud to you: 3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679 ...

Pi goes on and on--and so does our teacher. After a while, it just becomes a droning sound in your ear. Like a mosquito (except you can't swat away your teacher).

And so I blog.

News from the weekend:

Jeffrey and I went home to Abilene this past weekend for Sing Song. It was a great weekend, but it always feels too short! We had a great time seeing all of our college friends who had journeyed back for the occasion, and spending time with Jeffrey's grandmother and my family is always lovely. We also got to meet my brother's girlfriend (and her twin) and see some folks at church that we had been missing. It was a good weekend.

Unfortunately, the weekend was a tiring one because we spent the wee hours of the night talking with our long-lost buddies instead of sleeping. As an effect, I tried to power through the week, but instead fell asleep at 7 pm last night and slept all the way to 7 am!! What can I say? I was tired. Better now, though!

Soon to come: I'm baking wheat bread from scratch tonight without a bread maker. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment