Friday, February 27, 2009

Magnification Station

Yesterday I spent $1600 to look like this for the rest of my working career.
Okay, so maybe I won't look just like that. Our dental school (like many dental schools) requires us to purchase a set of loupes during our first year. Loupes are a magnification device used when doing dental procedures to create better vision, and thus, better dentistry. Like all products, they come in many shapes, sizes, colors, and degrees of dorkiness. Here is a quick run-down of the available options:

The regular version (which I purchased):
The "Buddy Holly" version (which no one purchased):
The "Headbands and visors were cool in the 80's, they must still be cool now" version:
The "I'm trying to still be cool while wearing these silly glasses so I'm putting them on Oakleys" version:
The "Silence of the Lambs headgear" version:
All I'm saying is--don't be alarmed when you all come see me in my dental office in 3 years and be shocked by the bug eyes staring back at you. Besides, if this dental school thing doesn't work out, I could make a killing doing the most precise eyebrow plucking business you've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment