Sunday, February 15, 2009

Things I Love (In honor of Valentine's Day)

I love my husband! I love my family. I love making people laugh. I love spending time with friends. I love doing arts and crafts. I love shopping. I love chocolate (too much). I love when I hear people say that they love our blog! I love reading classic novels. I love watching silly shows on TV. I love getting massages. I love to cook. And if you're reading this blog, there's a good chance I love you, too!

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day.

On another note--I found a hilarious website the other day on one of the blogs that I read. I don't really know that I should necessarily "endorse" this website because it does have quite a bit of material "not suitable for children," but it is a real goldmine of funny material to make you giggle on a day you feel like crying.

The website is an all-text website where people post true-life experiences of hilarious/terrible things that happen to them. Readers can then vote on whether the person "deserved" whatever happened to him, or if he was totally unlucky.

Here are some examples:

Today, my boyfriend gave me a card for my birthday and told me to open it 10 minutes after he leaves. I waited 5, in the card it said "it's not working out, but here's 20$".

Today, I was playing musical chairs at a family reunion. It's a well known fact that I'm competitive and tend to hip check people to get that last chair. It came down to me and Nana. I won. Nana has a broken hip.

Today, I got my license renewed and the woman behind the desk looked at me and said "guess we need to update the weight, huh?".

Today, I was talking to my parents about feeling insecure with my "beach body" as Spring Break keeps getting closer and closer. My dad proceeded to warn me by saying, "Don't wear a gray swimsuit. People will try to roll you back into the ocean".

Today, I had to get my license renewal picture taken and after the first go the woman said "It looks like your eyes are closed." I'm Asian.

Today, I was volunteering at a nursing home and I was calling bingo numbers. And one woman stood up and started making noises, I asusmed she had won and I started clapping. She then fell on the floor and died of a heart attack. I essentially applauded her death.

Today, I took my friend to buy a pregancy test. She took it and it came out negative. I decided to re-pee on it to be funny...it turned to positive.

Today, I shook hands with a girl and held onto her hand while telling her she had very tiny, delicate hands. When I let go to look at them, I discovered she only had two fingers.

Today, I cut myself of a bandaid box, while trying to get a bandaid out for another cut.

Today, I got this HUGE package at my college dorm from my parents with candy, chips, canned soup and all these goodies. When I called my mom to thank her, she replied "We got rid of your cat, Annie".

Today, I was walking my son to school. After yelling at him for not looking where he's walking, I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to me. Not paying attention, I walked him right into a light pole.

Today, I was tutoring kids at an elementary school. One kid messed up my hair. I said, "Why'd you do that??" He said, "I have lice, now you have lice too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment