Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Wonderful/Awful Week That Was

Well, I did it.

I just finished the most grueling week of school that I have ever endured in my seemingly never-ending scholastic career. Starting last Friday, I had 7 tests in 7 days. I mean, it's not like law school where one has an entire semester's worth of material crammed into one's final exams, but 7 exams in 7 days is still pretty tough (or at least I thought it was tough).

Here is a quick re-cap of my week:

I began the week like this (not in New York, but happy and smiling).




However, after many hours of this...




...and sleeping like this...





...my eyes looked like this...




...and the only way that I could function was by consuming large amounts of this.




But before you feel sorry for me, you should realize that because of all my hard work and sacrifice, I will one day (probably in the next 2 or 3 years) be like this guy...




...and have my own TV show.

Needless to say, I'm taking it easy this weekend and so far it feels wonderful. Lauren is busy studying for her tests next week, so I should probably check on her and see if she needs me to do anything for her, like get dinner ready for tonight (yeah right) or give her some back-rubs (yeah, that sounds more like it).

We're both excited about heading to Abilene in a few weeks to see our friends and family. We're also excited that we will actually get to watch Sing Song this year (as opposed to performing in it like we have done for the past 4 years).

I'm sure Lauren will post something about this later, but I'm gonna leak the story early: yesterday (Friday), Lauren got to do some actual dentistry. That's all I can say right now. Check back later for her post on the subject.

I also want to brag on my wife for a minute. This week, she pulled down an A on her physiology exam and an A on her Dental Anatomy practical. If she can pull a few more grades like that and prove to me that her hands are steady, I'll start letting her work on my teeth for practice.

Finally, for all the men that read this blog, I'm going to be the first (and probably only) person to say it:

The Texas Rangers will have a winning record this year, and will still be in the playoff hunt going into September. (Of course, it that doesn't come true, then I'm just kidding.)

Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment