Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fighting Like Cats and Dogs

Every morning I have a little ritual that I go through....

Alarm goes off. I hit snooze.

Alarm goes off. I hit snooze.

Alarm goes off. I intend to hit snooze, but accidentally hit "off."

Alarm does not go off. Jeffrey pulls me out of the bed by my feet twenty minutes prior to our departure time.

I groan.

Reluctantly, I get ready. I shower, put on clothes, dry my hair, and then put on my make up (the latter being done in the car if it's a day that I am running very late).

Jeffrey and I go to school. We walk about 5 miles from our parking place to the building.

I go into my lecture hall and start up my computer. I then check my emails and the growing number of blogs that I follow. Finally, just before class starts, I check AOL news to see if anything interesting has happened in the world while I slept. This morning, something had indeed happened.

The article that caught my attention mentioned something about the reality TV series "Project Runway" and one of its former contestants being arrested for assault. I clicked to read the rest of the story, mostly because I was surprised about what could have happened. Project Runway is a show about competing fashion designers--not exactly the most violent characters in reality TV. Mostly they just prance around with threaded needles in their teeth calling out magical words like "bouffant" and "bougeious" and "rouching."

Flying in the face of my former assumptions, one of the recent contestants had, in fact, turned violent. During a fight with her boyfriend, this young lady got so angry that she began to throw things at him. An apple, water, and a laptop were all thrown at the unfortunate man. But when he still wouldn't leave, she unleashed her final weapon...she threw her cat at him.

Charges were filed and the police arrested the woman on charges of assault and battery/cat-tery. Puts a whole new meaning to "Cat Scratch Fever," doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Due to the violence of this posting, I will not allow Hemi to read the previous blog. Please give us a warning when possible violence toward cats will be within your blog.

    I really like the cool music on the blog. It is very peaceful and helps calm my nerves as I read about you working on prisoners, faulty mechanical jaws, etc.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete