Friday, March 27, 2009

Law and Order

Attention all lawyers, law-makers, and politicians: There is a grievous situation at hand. Jeffrey and I made a quick run to HEB yesterday to pick up some food for dinner. As we walked into the store, we turned down the first aisle only to be greeted by a young "lady" wearing a belly-bearing top. While I don't particularly approve of showing ones stomach in the grocery store, I am normally not quite as appalled as I was on Thursday. Why was I so offended? Oh, mostly because our little grocery store belly-rina was nine months pregnant. So lawyers, I ask you--Why is there no law against this????????Let's be clear: I'm all for pregnancy. I love babies, I think pregnant bellies BENEATH clothes are adorable, and I think it is amazing that the female body can go to such great lengths to create a home for a child for 9 months. Let's be clear on this, too, though: I almost threw up at the store because of that girl. Imagine walking down the aisle looking for ground beef and instead seeing stretch marks and a waddling woman with a curiously absent bellybutton. Disconcerting at best.

On another note, today marks the beginning of my "Spring" break. For some reason, the dental school (in all its infinite wisdom) decided to make our Spring Break a different week that everyone else's (in the world). Regardless of my grouching about the timing, I am extremely grateful for the break from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment