Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fireside Chat

Jeffrey left to visit his family in Fort Worth this morning. Sadness quickly ensued in the lonely apartment...

Luckily, when I got home from school, I saw that he had left me a sweet note. I'll tell you what it said, but first--a little background story (otherwise, the note won't make sense).

Jeffrey always makes the bed in the morning. I don't really know why I don't do it--I used to always make my bed in college, but when I got married, I stopped caring about it. Jeffrey occasionally asks me to help him make the bed in the morning, and I usually politely decline, claiming that I "called it" not to make the bed ever. He then usually tries to "call" some other chore, but I do not accept. It's a little joke between us now, because anytime one of us wants the other to do something (especially a household chore), the other claims to have "called not it" long ago.

Anyway, here's the sweet note my hubby left me this morning:

"Lauren--I made up the bed this morning, but that'll be up to you tomorrow! Call me whenever you miss me, because I'll be missing you, too. I hope school went well today. If you need to, you can call me as you're going to sleep tonight so we can have those "bedtime conversations" we always have. I love you--see you in 2 days! Love, Husband."

Cue the heart clutching and "awww..." saying.

Regardless of the heartwarming note, I came home to a cold house after having been soaked by the chilly rain. What else could I do but build a fire? Usually Jeffrey handles the fires in our house, but since he was absent, I turned on Oprah (for moral support) and built one myself.

Now, here I sit, warming my toes next to my self-made fire, watching "The Devil Wears Prada."

I am woman. Hear me roar.

1 comment:

  1. Hey look. I commented on your blog. We need to talk so you can teach us how to trick out our blog so it's cool like yours. C ya

    ReplyDelete