Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Madness!

Hello, readers!

In case you hadn't noticed, we have recently added a music player to our blog. For those new to using a computer (like my grandparents - Nana, Papa, and Grandmother), here are some simple directions. When you come to our blog page, if you'll turn on your speakers you will be able to hear the music selections that we have made for your listening pleasure. You can also scroll through the songs we have chosen by clicking the arrows on either side of the "play" button.

While some people like to read in silence, it is our intention to make your blog reading experience as enjoyable as possible, and this addition seemed like a fun method to aid in our accomplishing of that goal. That being said, we would like your input. If there is a certain song that you really like, would like to hear, would like for us to hear, or simply one that you think is appropriate for our blog, please leave a message in the "Comments" section. Don't get your hopes up, though - the suggestion has to pass both of our approval criteria (so Tom, don't expect any rap music).

Switching topics, March Madness (the NCAA tournament) began yesterday. We had a four-hour series of lectures yesterday afternoon. Out of the 230 students in my class, only about 100 were in class yesterday. Of that 100, probably 75 had their computers out on their desks watching the live streams of the games on cbs.com. (Yes, I was one of the 75 students doing it. No, I don't feel bad about it. Yes, I do think it's a perfectly acceptable use of my tuition loan money.) Whenever a player would make a big shot or a player would have a massive dunk, you would hear 5-10 muffled, "OOOOOHHHHHHHH's" flying up across the room. I'm sure the professor was irritated, but when given the choice between watching the NCAA tournament or learning about the magnetic fields and internal workings of an MRI machine, what do you think a bunch of 23-year-olds are going to choose? Needless to say, I cannot tell you how an MRI machine works, other than the fact that it uses magnets and oscillating protons and electrons to construct an image (I think...). But I can tell you that I was 12-16 on my picks yesterday - not too shabby for only spending 5 minutes putting together my bracket in Neuroscience class, huh?

Before ending, I would like to ask that all of you keep our friend Ryan and his family in your prayers. Ryan and his family are good people going through a tough time right now, so any extra prayers and thoughts on their behalf would be much appreciated.

I will be on my couch watching basketball all weekend. If you need me, your best bet is to Gmail Chat or Skype me, because my phone is in the other room, and I don't plan on getting up from the couch for the next 2 days.

Lauren, honey, I need a drink...and a snack...

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Until next time...

Good night, and good luck

--Jeffrey

1 comment: